Our History Old Salem Brick was founded in 1890 by George Pierpont in Salem Virginia, who owned and operated it until 1923, when his Chief Engineer, Henry Garden Jr., bought the company. The name was changed in the fifties, to Old Virginia Brick, which was the trading name for our Wood Moulded Brick.
Our Salem Plant has operated on the same site continuously, except during World War II. In March 1995, they bought the Madison Heights Plant, which gave them a high quality Extruded Plant, to compliment their successful moulded operation. In 1997, Isiklar, A. S. joined the four local businessmen as owners of Old Virginia Brick. In 2005, C. Wilson McNeely, III, a long-time Virginia resident and businessman purchased Old Virginia Brick and remains Chairman of the privately held company today.